The position runs from late May / early June to late August / early September. It is based in Toronto and paid at a full-time rate. The work involves prototyping newspaper designs, visual story-telling, interactive graphics for mobile, illustration and a dose of photo editing. The applicant need not have all these skills (though that would be a plus), we’re a teaching newsroom with bureaus worldwide and reporters at every corner of the country. The work is wide-ranging and all encompassing.
The contract is an excellent opportunity for creatives looking for a foot into the Toronto magazine and newspaper market and those seeking a creative and fast-paced work environment. Did I mention we pay? Real money, full time wages.
You should apply to Jason A. Chiu and Devin Slater at The Globe And Mail (savy applicants might want to Google us and see what work we’ve done, and where the creative work at The Globe is focused and cater applications accordingly).
- Link to a website, Flickr, Tumblr, Instagram, etc — we want to know how you see what you see
- PDF your Resume/letter/portfolio into something visually interesting, surprise us
- Package it in an email, send it to email@example.com subject: Design/Graphics intern 2014
- Send applications by November 26th, 12h00
- Questions, send them by email
An opportunity from the one and only, Jchiu — a CUP dinosaur and The Globe and Mail’s Design Editor and Art Director.