Has the CUP Board got you interested? Intrigued? Questioning? Second-guessing?
It’s time you got informed about this great opportunity!
1) What is the CUP Board?
The CUP Board is the body that makes major decisions about how the organization should be structured and its future direction. Particularly at a juncture like this (when we’re trying to recover from a financial crisis) it means the Board will have a big role in shaping the future of the organization.
2) Are you and the CUP Board a good fit?
Here’s a list of the qualities we hope Board directors bring to the table:
- Active listener
- Critical social awareness
- Experience with anti-oppression practices
- Self-aware (you’re aware of your strengths, your challenges and your desires, ie/ what you’re hoping to gain from being on the CUP Board)
- Honest and courageous — you say what you mean, even if it’s not popular
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Financial literacy
- Non-judgmental interpersonal skills
- Concise and accessible writing skills
- Competent at member relations
- Experience with public speaking
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Politically astute
- Member of an equity-seeking group
- Fluent or functional in French
3) How do you apply?